SACID have a free information service called SA Inclusion Point.
If you need information about anything to do with intellectual disability or easier to understand information contact us!
SACID is not a registered NDIS provider and does not sell any services so we are unbiased in the information we are able to provide.
Who is SA Inclusion Point for?
- People with intellectual disability
- Families of people with intellectual disability
- Mainstream or community services who want to do a better job of including people with intellectual disability
- Anyone in the community who has a question about intellectual disability
SA Inclusion Point:
- Helps people with intellectual disability and their families to get easy to understand information
- Develops information and resources for people with intellectual disability and their families so that they can make good decisions and be connected to the community
- Runs information sessions and workshops for people with intellectual disability and their families
- Has information for mainstream services to help them do a better job of including people with intellectual disability
- Answers questions from anyone in the community to help them better understand intellectual disability. We do this to help the South Australian community be more inclusive of people with intellectual disability.
Contact SA Inclusion Point by:
Phone 08 8352 4416
Email [email protected]
You can go to our events page to see what information sessions we have coming up.
Peer Action Crews
SACID is supporting the development and running of 4 Peer Action Crews.
The Crews are a place for people with intellectual disability to come together for fun, friendship and to work on small community based projects that work towards a more inclusive community.
All Crews will be led by a Peer Action Leader (PAL), a person with intellectual disability, supported by a SACID Project Officer.
There are places available in all crews and you can join any time.
The Peer Action Crews are funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency.
To be COVID Safe you must book before coming.
Phone SACID on 8352 4416
Would you like to join a Crew?!
1. footy action crew
If you love AFL footy then the Footy Action Crew is for you!
This crew will
- catch up one time every month
- talk about how you watch, play and join in footy and how this could be better
- plan and do a project to make footy better for people with intellectual disability
2. Transport action crew
Do you love buses, trains or trams?
Do you find it hard to get to the places you want to go or think transport could be better?
Want to do something about it?
The Transport Action Crew is for you!
This crew will
- catch up on the third Tuesday of every month starting 18th August 2020
- be at Pod 1, The Precinct, 121 Coventry Road, Smithfield Plains 10:30am - 1pm
- talk about what is good and what could be better about transport in Adelaide
- plan and do a project to make transport better for people with intellectual disability
3. camping action crew
If you love camping and being outdoors the Camping Action Crew is for you!
This crew will
- catch up on the first Tuesday of the month starting Tuesday 4th August 2020
- be at Holdfast Bay Community Centre, 51 King George Avenue, Hove 1pm - 3pm
- talk about when you have been camping and what was good or what was hard (maybe even practise putting up a tent and having the crew meeting in the tent and other camping related activities!)
- plan and do a project to make camping better or easier for people with intellectual disability
4. Mythbusting action crew
Do people say things about you that are not right?
Those people might believe a myth!
If you think it is important to teach people about intellectual disability and show the community what people with intellectual disability can do then this is the Crew for you!
This crew will
- catch up on the 2nd Tuesday of the month starting on 11th August 2020
- be at Mitcham Community Centre, 242 Belair Road, Lower Mitcham from 11am - 1pm
- talk about myths and why people believe myths and think about what is great about people with intellectual disability that we want to share
- plan and do a project to bust myths about intellectual disability
Want more information about our Crews?
Want to join a Crew or register your interest?
Call SACID on 8352 4416 or email [email protected]