SAcid is the South Australian Council on Intellectual Disability
SACID work towards achieving a South Australian community in which people with intellectual disability are involved and accepted as equal participating members.
- A free information service called SA Inclusion Point
- Information sessions
- Peer Action Groups
sacid has information for
- people with intellectual disability
- family members and carers
- the community
- be a member of SACID for free
- call us if you want information
- come to our events
- follow us on Facebook
- follow us on LinkedIn
- join a Peer Action Group
Everything that we do at SACID is co-designed with people with intellectual disability and their families.
It is important that SACID does work that people with intellectual disability and their families really want.
To do this we have people with intellectual disability
- on our Board
- on our Reference Group
- on our staff
- as members
Access to Advocacy
SACID believes that people with intellectual disability and their families should be able to get the help they need to speak up and make sure their rights are respected.
If you need support to speak up SACID can help you to solve the problem yourself or connect you with an advocate.
SACID also help with advocacy by meeting with Government representatives regularly to make sure the voice of people with intellectual disability and their families is heard.
Sign up to our free newsletter
Don't miss out on news, events and updates from SACID!
- Sign up to receive our newsletters via email here
- If you wish to receive our newsletters by post please complete the short membership form here so that we have your postal details.
or call us on 08 8352 4416 for support to join.
*We take your privacy seriously and won't share your details with anyone else.